Got back into it this morning with a 10-mile run before work. Heading out at 5 am for a long run is no big deal for some runners, and back in the day I did all of my running early in the morning. Then I'd do a Nautilus workout at noon three times a week.
But I had never attempted a 10 miler before going to work. I wanted to get today's run out of the way, though, and it was the last long midweek run on the schedule.
I was up at 4:30 to have a banana, and a little after 5 I was leaving the house with my bottle of Gatorade in hand and my pack of CarbBOOM in my pocket. I stashed the bottle at my 6-mile spot and headed out.
I was running easy at a relaxed pace and felt pretty good. Sucked down the CarbBOOM and Gatorade after 6 miles and then headed off for my 4-mile loop. When I got done with that, I was still feeling pretty good.
After all, that's my last midweek 10-mile run. Ever. How could that feel bad?
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nice run Barry, way to get out there. I ran at 4:30 a.m. today too, but only a wimpy five miles. Taper = nice
What's up for your Saturday run? If you need a pacer, I'm just running 8 with no walk breaks. Nancy has to run Sunday.
I've actually mapped out 22 starting and ending at my house. I'm gonna go slow and walk for a minute or so every 20 minutes.
I'm looking forward to running all alone--could be a real kick. Plus, it's the only time I'm going to do a 22-mile run!
Sounds good, Barry! Let's hope for nice weather.
Post a Comment